PR is a great way of getting free publicity for your business. But if you’re writing a press release, there has to be something newsworthy about your business that makes this pitch timely as no newspaper or other media outlet is going to publish a boring sales pitch from a business. There has to be relevance and news value.
To get you thinking about what’s newsworthy about your business, I’ve listed six occasions that provide a great opportunity to write a press release and get some free publicity for your business:
- You’re a small business owner and you’ve just launched a new, innovative product or service.
- Your club or organisation is launching a new initiative or event that will benefit the local community.
- You’ve just secured sponsorship or you’re the one doing the sponsoring of some local event or team.
- You’ve done some interesting market research on behalf of your business or commissioned a survey and now you want to share some interesting results.
- You want to announce a new partnership or collaboration.
- You’ve decided to supply some of your products or services for free to raise money for a local charity.
Was this helpful?
I offer a press release writing service for small businesses, clubs and organisations. Find out more here.